Have you ever wondered how the recycling process works?
Here’s simple video that shows you how it’s done!
These Recycling Facts are very revealing and provide many factual reasons for becoming highly motivated to put effective Recycling Programs in place.
- America is the #1 trash producing country at 1,609 pounds per person per year; as 5% of the world’s population, we produce 40% of the world’s waste.
- Recycling creates 4 times as many jobs as standard waste management.
- It takes 500,000 trees to produce the newspapers Americans read each Sunday, yet only 30% of those newspapers are recycled.
- A recycled aluminum can returns to the grocer’s shelf in as little as 90 days after collection, re-melting, rolling, manufacturing, and distribution.
- It takes 1 million years for a glass bottle to break down in a landfill, and only 34% of our glass bottles are recycled.
- Recycling 1 ton of paper saves 3 cubic yards of landfill space, 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, 7,000 gallons of water, and 246,000 kilowatt minutes of electricity – enough energy to power the average US home for 5 months.
- It takes 60% less energy to produce paper from recycled paper than from virgin materials, for 74% less air pollution and 35% less water pollution.